Ctra. Jerez - Sanlúcar desvío Las Tablas Km 1,5

          Un Siglo en una Botella…

When we speak openly of the Soleras system as we apply it at XIMÉNEZ-SPÍNOLA, we are recognizing that basically 20% is taken out of all our wines each year. Consequently, in the remaining 80% there is a mixture of different vintages, with wines from all vintages since La Solera was founded.

Everything begins each year when the musts ferment and After acquiring a natural alcoholic strength, they settle and stabilize thanks to the weather itself of the passing of the seasons. On November 30 of each year the festival of San Andrés is celebrated. The oral tradition of our elders says that "By San Andr é s the must, wine is" and effectively between December and January, the already fermented musts have been separated from their lees and the cold of late autumn and early winter has done its natural stabilization work in the barrel. This is how it has been documented since November 1918 in our Solera de Pedro Ximénez Muy Viejo, that that year was being born.

We have made available to our friends and ambassadors ten thousand commemorative units, with which we want to share the celebration of this happy anniversary

One hundred years have passed since that endearing beginning. Since, although the Family Company "Phelipe Zarzana Spínola y Cia." It was founded in 1729, in 1918 only twenty-four years had been bottled wine labeled with the XIMÉNEZ-SPÍNOLA trademark, but without specific age dating. Our first bottles initially contained wine from one or more Harvests, but we did not have a Solera with a specific date, so this one was created to prove it from 1918.

When fulfilled A century of that historic moment, we have made available to our friends and ambassadors of so many years, ten thousand commemorative units, with which we want to share the celebration of this happy anniversary. It is about the Very Old Pedro Ximénez himself that we have always made, but with a different exterior aspect. Our wish is to share this birthday with lovers of everything we do. It is the "Message in a Bottle" of many stories to tell: one for each successive year, of the wines that are proportionally part of the 100 vintages of the different years, which are reflected in the 100 photographs printed on the back, of the Guarantee certificate that accompanies each bottle and that they have been mixed until reaching the bag of this Centennial Edition.

Leave a comment (all fields required)

Comments will be approved before showing up.